The Career Pathways program is guided by a specialist employed by the Ohio Valley ESC. This initiative helps to support the Ohio Valley ESC’s high priority on building the workforce and economy in southeast Ohio through partnership with business and industry, and preparing students for college and career.
Our coordinator provides career development services to students, teachers, administrators and staff of partner school districts served by OVESC. The Career Pathways Specialist also connects business and industry partners and education to decrease the percentage of students who are not workforce or career ready
“Education and work are the levers to uplift a people.”
-W. E. B. Du Bois
Our Goals and Aspirations
- Vision: Successful Students, Prosperous Communities
- Mission: To develop and facilitate community networks that engage our local students in a variety of community based experiences and expand their awareness of education and career options so they are motivated to create and attain life goals.
- Ambition: Connecting with community resources to examine job trends and needs within the community, as well as resources to accomplish and facilitate growth/new ideas from both a workforce/school perspective.
- Academic Preparedness: Working to develop K-12 continuum of activities related to local career options. We need high quality education, training, and support services that align with the skill needs of industry.
Data report as of July 31, 2016
- 71 individual job shadowing opportunities for students.
- 122 students that have been influenced by local tours.
- 20 students that found jobs locally as a result of this service (Bi-Con, Island Aseptics, Quanex, Summit Acres, Cambridge Packaging).
- 1,241 students that have been directly impacted by local employers/career centers/colleges
coming and talking on opportunities that they have to offer that I have set up as resources.
OVESC Business Advisory Council Joint Statement
Contact OVESC’s Career Pathways Specialists
- Sandy Doudna – email@example.com 740-439-3558
- Robyn Delaney – firstname.lastname@example.org 740-373-6669